Our modulating type float valves are intended for use in aquatic systems where self-regulating flow is required. They work to make gradual adjustments to main drain flows based on surge tank water levels. Our horizontal and vertical float valves come standard with two butyrate float balls and feature polypropylene valve construction with stainless brackets and hardware.
THIS SPECIFICATION COVERS REQUIREMENTS FOR MODULATING TYPE FLOAT VALVES, INTENDED FOR USE IN AQUATIC SYSTEMS WHERE SELF-REGULATING FLOW IS REQUIRED. MAXIMUM RESISTANCE TO CORROSION AND FREE MOVEMENT ARE ESSENTIAL PROPERTIES
2.0) VALVE DESIGN: HORIZONTAL FLOATS or VERTICAL FLOATS
2.1 The Horizontal Modulating Float Valve will be designed to be used for either vertical or horizontal pipe lines and will have a working range of no less than 30”. The Vertical Modulating Float Valve will be designed for use on a Horizontal Pipe Line and will have a working range of no less than 18”.
2.2 Two 8” diameter butyrate floats shall be supported on ½” diameter 304 SS rods- ball position on the rod is fully adjustable within working range of the valve.
2.3 The valve shall be 80% closed when the floats are in maximum vertical position and shall be full open when floats are in bottom position.
3.1 The valve shall consist of a stress-relieved polypropylene body with a solid polypropylene disc. Body bolt holes and flange dimensions shall conform to ANSI B 16.5, Class 150 Flanges. Thickness of material shall be 1 ” minimum.
3.2 Disc shaft shall be ½” diameter 304 SS mounted by stainless screws, flat washers, lock washers and nuts.
3.3 All hardware for attachment of float assemblies shall be included and shall be 304 Stainless Steel.
Valve assemblies shall be as manufactured by Fluidtrol Process Technologies, Inc.
Our modulating type float valves are intended for use in aquatic systems where self-regulating flow is required.
Not sure what you need? Call 888-551-0511 to speak to us immediately or contact us.
- Corrosion Resistant Polypropylene Valve Body Construction
- Heavy Duty, Corrosion Resistant SS Hardware
- Two Solid Core Butyrate Floats and Dual Arm Actuation
- Modulates the flow from 20% to 80% Open.
- Float Rods are equipped with collar stops to allow more precise water level control when necessary.
- Typical flow rates would be based on maximum flow velocity through the corresponding line size and a typical range is 4-6 feet per second.
- Stress-relieved polypropylene body with a solid polypropylene disc. All attaching hardware is 304 stainless steel.
Horizontal Float Valves next >