The RSW Series is our most popular reducing basket strainer for standard aquatic applications. The RSW hair and lint strainer design has been refined over its 20+ years of production; it offers maximum performance, is user friendly and is the premier choice for many aquatic applications. This is an eccentric reducing version of our SW Series.
The RSW includes a heavy-duty 304 stainless steel basket (perforations 1/8” on 3/16” staggered centers or as required) and can be configured with in-line, offset, angled offset, or boot bodies. Not sure what you need? Call 888-551-0511 to speak to us immediately or contact us.
All of our strainers are available in duplex configuration, which includes the option is to purchase a duplex assembly minus the isolation valves. See our Duplex Strainers for more information
Saltwater and freshwater basket strainers designed for commercial pools, aquariums, large fountains, water parks, and zoos.
Visit our Strainer Basket Detail page to see what strainer type works best for your application.
- Composite construction offers corrosion resistance of PVC and the mechanical strength of fiberglass.
- Molded FRP Body contoured for minimal form drag.
- Engineered for very low-pressure drops making it an excellent choice for pump suction applications.
- Best in class hardware and accessories.
- Customizable dimensions and features.
- Integral Eccentric Reducer typically required on modern pool circulation designs- eliminating this fitting in the system.
- Clear acrylic lid features almost crystal clarity and weather-ability. Lid thickness depends on size of strainer. 10” and below have 1” thick lids. 12” and above have 1.5” thick lids.
- All strainers are supplied with loose rig flanges. PVC strainers utilize SCH 80 flanges produced from PVC type 1 and conform to ANSI B16.5, Class 150- up to 12” in size. Fabricated flanges utilizing PVC and FRP are provided for 14” and larger.
- Sized for typical commercial aquatic flow velocities in respective strainer inlet pipe size.
Lid Attachment Assembly
- Machined from solid 316 SS bar and should outlast the strainer. Number of T-handles depends on size of strainer, e.g., 10” and below have 6 T-Handles.
- PVC/FRP or stainless steel
- Cell Class 23447-B as in ASTM D-1784, F-441, F-437, F-493, ANSI B 16.5 cl 150
- All strainers are given labels with a serial number for future reference. Complete records are kept at the factory. In the event an end user needs assistance, parts or replacement, Fluidtrol is able to identify the exact strainer. Even special circumstances of each individual unit can be filed.
Reducing (RSW) Basket Strainers next >